VMware Workspace ONE Community
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Issue synchronizing with Integration Broker

I need some guidance in troubleshooting XenApp integration with VMware Workspace 2.1. It seems like I have successfully installed and configured the Integration broker.

I followed the steps from the installation guide.

Verify PowerShell remoting.

This sample command string applies to Citrix Server Farm 6.5.

Get-XAApplication -ComputerName CITRIX SERVER NAME

-> Works!

Type http://hostname /IB/API/RestServiceImpl.svc/ibhealthcheck to verify that the Integration Broker Web application is running.

The expected output displays.

All ok

Type https://hostname /IB/API/RestServiceImpl.svc/ibhealthcheck to verify that the Integration Broker Web application is running.

The expected output displays.

All ok

_> Works!

But then I added the Integration broker to the workspace portal and when I press "Sync Now" I get the message:

Calculating sync actions.

This takes a long time. When I look at the troubleshooting tab I see the following error:

Failed Sync Action: Could not pull objects from Integration Broker.

I use a self signed certificate on the Integration Broker. Any tips on how to troubleshoot, what to check?

I'm using Windows 2012R2 with IIS 8.5. I'm not sure if that is supported.

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com
0 Kudos
3 Replies
uroy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The IB healthcheck results seem ok indicating that the IB has been installed properly.

We need to check if the IB is able to communicate with the XenFarm server properly and able to fetch the resources and entitlements.

Please refer to the  Workspace Documentation - Setting Up Resources in VMware Workspace Portal > Troubleshooting Workspace Resource Configuration ->

Citrix-Published Resources Are Not Available in Workspace.

Please follow instructions here to check if the IB is able to contact the xen farm server. Please send us the IB and connector logs when the failure happens.

0 Kudos
LakshmanHWS
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using HTTP or HTTP(s) from connector to Integration Broker?

If you are using HTTP(s), did you paste the certificate of IB SSL in Connector UI?

Try to get the setup working with HTTP first if you want to check if it is SSL related issue.

Make sure you have entered the farm information correct. Cross check with powershell commands.

0 Kudos
Dudstor
Contributor
Contributor

It works just fine with HTTP, but not with HTTPS. SSL cert for IB was created exactly the way WMware recommends. Any ideas?

0 Kudos