VMware Cloud Community
fduranti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vROPS 6.0.1 Failed to get all certificates

I got a problem on my vrops infrastructure. It seems that after a stop and restart of the infrastructure today vrops is unable to read certificate and now I'm not able to monitor my vcenter infrastructure.

All the adapter connecting to vcenter remain in "Starting" and don't collect data.

If i edit and do a test connection I get the "new certificate" windows... I accept it.. save the configuration and I get the message:Failed to get all certificates

If I go on the Administration/certificate tab I get the message: Failed to get all certificates

I'm not able to delete and reload certificates as it will not show me certificate to delete. it's just not working anymore.

Anyone know how I can reinitialize this certificate store?

vROPS is version 6.0.1

Thanks

7 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I suggest to open SR with vmware and have support look into the issue...

fduranti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I've opened it on Friday and waiting for some info.

Francesco

Cheminots
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Did you get any resolution on this issue?

We have the same issue, we opened an SR and waiting for a deeper investiguation, the only recommendation we had so far is to reinstall from scratch, losing all our data.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
fduranti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes I've solved with a SR. They deleted all the vcenter certificate in a sort of clustered-db-filesystem (xdb-something). After they deleted all certificate I had to delete/recreate vcenter adapters and got it back running (without loosing any data).

0 Kudos
ARuvVD11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did anyone happen to record what they did??? Apparently they need to post a KB on this!

0 Kudos
Cheminots
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Maybe this could help, they were supposed to document the actions in my SR, SR15632551203.

Hope this help.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

maybe it's an error prone procedure, or it just didn't happen to more than a few people :smileyconfused:

if you have this issue, you can always open ticket with support and even mention the SR posted in this thread.

the more people hit support with this, the higher chances of a KB Smiley Happy

0 Kudos