VMware Cloud Community
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SQL 2014 support for vSphere 6.0 and VUM 6.0?

Hello

I, like many, was pleased to see vSphere 6.0 go GA yesterday.

I have been reviewing the Interoperability Matrixes and am a little concerned.

We were hoping to use SQL 2014 Standard 64-BIT as the DB of choice. I need to host the following database: vRA 6.2.1 SRM 6.0 vCenter 6.0 and VUM 6.0

the first 2 show as supported for SQL 2014. vCenter 6.0 shows as no supported databases currently?! and VUM doesnt show support for SQL 2014 (but 5.5 U2 does)

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
akodenkiri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Beefy147,

AFAIK, SQL 2014 as external database is supported for vSphere 6.0. Please stay tuned for Interoperability Matrix update.

---------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards ak
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks for the reply. any idea on VUM? that matrix has been updated but only shows support for SQL Server 2012 which is surprising (especially as 5.5 U2 supports 2014)

I cant commit to SQL 2014 (I want to!) until I know everything is supported

out of interest are other older hardware models being tested through the HCL for Vsphere 6.0 as a lot of older HP blades are not currently listed

Will

0 Kudos
akodenkiri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Beefy147

Interop matrix is updated  with SQL 2014 support details for vCenter server 6.0. Please check the matrix for the details

---------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards ak
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks

thats 3/4 tools supporting SQL 2014 but update manager 6.0 (the only version which works with vsphere 6.0) still shows no SQL 2014 support.

any ideas if it will become certified or am I stuck with SQL 2012 SP1. We also find it weird SQL 2012 SP2 has never been supported despite coming out in June last year. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

anyone? Smiley Sad

0 Kudos