VMware Horizon Community
paradise1967
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View Events DB growing fast

Hi

I've seen a couple of instances with Horizon View 6 where the View Events SQL DB is growing really quickly. The most recent is a small deployment of up to 50 linked clone desktops where the Events DB grew 4GB in about 3 hrs.

Anyone came across this before with View 6 as I've never seen this with previous versions?

Thanks

K

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paradise1967
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So, I bit the bullet and went with a new empty DB as the one I had was up at 59GB, Unfortunately that didn't help and I had a 400MB DB within 20mins.

I think I've found the issue now though. The syslog target was also set on this Connection Server but that server was offline.

So after remove that option the DB is behaving normally.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
paradise1967
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have been clearing out the older records using the method described in this thread Re: Purging old events from the "historical" databases

The number of rows per day has jumped from 1000 rows per day to over 5 million per day.

0 Kudos
paradise1967
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So, I bit the bullet and went with a new empty DB as the one I had was up at 59GB, Unfortunately that didn't help and I had a 400MB DB within 20mins.

I think I've found the issue now though. The syslog target was also set on this Connection Server but that server was offline.

So after remove that option the DB is behaving normally.

0 Kudos