VMware Communities
GeezerAl
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot install VMware workstation 11 on Windows 10 Pro x64

Workstation 11 hangs during install onto windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926.

The install of the VMware network install library is what does not respond. It cannot be shut down with the Task Manager.

Also, the Virtual Network Edit hangs.

Requires logout to kill the process.

Waited a long time to see if it would revive, but it did not.

Albert

anything known about this?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ciscokid454
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue on windows 8.1

0 Kudos
DenisFerrari
Contributor
Contributor

Same isse with W7 64...

0 Kudos
daviddvm
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't install windows 8.1 on earlier versions of VMware. Once I installed VMware 11 windows 8.1 installed no problem, haven't tried windows 10 but if there isn't an option for it when you create the vm my guess is you will have trouble. Maybe load windows 8 and try to upgrade to 10?

0 Kudos
hakanfriden
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem in Windos 8.1 when trying to update Player Vsn 7.1 from Vsn 7.0.
The Player Setup freezed and task manager reported "VMware network install library executable (64-bit version(" is not responding.

The task could not be ended from Task Manager, I had to shut down and restart the machine.

I manually cleaned out anything regarding the Player on the disk and in the registry.

The I tried to install Vsn 7.1 again, but came to the same point with a frozen VMware Palyer Setup.

Any hint anyone?

/Håkan

0 Kudos
MattSpew
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.

0 Kudos
rachelsunsm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I tried to install WS 11.1.2 on Windows-10-pro-x64(10240) vm, I can install successfully.

But during the installation, the prograss bar didn't change at all.

I will try on a Win10-pro host when I have time.

Can you upgrade your win10-pro to 10240 and try again.

0 Kudos
monti084
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue while installing the VMware player on windows 10.unable to see NAT1 and NAT 8 on host OS windows 10.i just upgraded windows 7 to windows 10,now vnat1 and vnat8 not found in networking .any one has solution for same.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi monti084‌,

Try reading the following thread:

Windows 10, Workstation 10, no LAN bridge

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
monti084
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

not working.any one have solution for vmware player.i have reinstalled many time even with compatible mode but still not working

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

You're not really mentioning what version of VMware Player you are installing, but do make sure you have the very latest.

In your case I would probably install the tech preview:

VMware Workstation Technology Preview 2015

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
www23456
Contributor
Contributor

can you roll back to win7 and uninstall Vmware workstation, then upgrade to win10, -->install VMware workstation again?

0 Kudos
alarrabide
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, too.

The reason was the antivirus (in my installation  Kaspersky Total Security).

Once I've removed the antivirus, I've tried to reinstall VMWare workstation, and the vnetlib (in my installation vnetlib64) hasn't hung, and the virtual network adapters have installed fine.

Then I've tried to install Kaspersky Total Security, and I've assigned Virtual Network Editor as application reliable on Kaspersky Configuration,  and then all worked as it would.

0 Kudos