I did some further digging on this and came across a couple of other older Forum postings:
Would appreciate confirmation or clarification/correction on whether or not the following is still true with the most recent release:
(Note: I did read the latest release notes I could find View Release Notes)
Current limitations of Horizon View HTML5 Access:
- Does not support Hosted Apps (Application Pools). Only supports Desktop Pools.
- Not supported on connections to physical desktops; desktops must be virtual.
- No USB Redirection or Printer mapping support.
Current limitations of Horizon View Client:
- Apparently, no way to group icons into folders (even if integrating with Horizon Workspace)
- USB Redirection and ThinPrint not supported with Hosted Applications
Did you get this sorted out? Group the RDSH apps on the Client?
It is not currently possible but we are investigating the feature given that we have heard this request from several customers. I can’t provide any committed date though.