4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 6:32 AM by Burke-

Rest workflow fails to run

Abhilashhb Virtuoso
    VMware EmployeesvExpert

I'm pretty new to extensiblity part of vCAC and i'm trying to run a state change workflow after building the machine. The workflow will basically invoke a rest operation once the machine is provisioned.

When i assign this to the blueprint and run request the machine, it ends up with an error where it fails to even deploy the machine. I have a feeling it is trying to look for the machine before creating it and is failing.

In the workflow runner it says it failed to get the vCAC:VirtualMachine input.

Can someone help me go in the right direction here?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
      Abhilash HB
      | Blog : http://vpirate.in | Twitter : @abhilashhb |

• 1. Re: Rest workflow fails to run
          willonit Hot Shot

I believe creating a vcenter endpoint resolved this for me. Do you have an endpoint created for your vcenter in orchestrator?

• 2. Re: Rest workflow fails to run
            Abhilashhb Virtuoso
            vExpertVMware Employees

And how is it related to vCenter endpoint?

Yes i have a vCenter endpoint. Let me verify and get back to you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
            Abhilash HB
            | Blog : http://vpirate.in | Twitter : @abhilashhb |

• 3. Re: Rest workflow fails to run
              willonit Hot Shot

The vCenter endpoint in orchestrator allows for orchestrator to manipulate vCenter objects. vCAC:VirtualMachine references a VC:VirtualMachine so if you do not have a vCenter endpoint in orchestrator it cannot fill this property. If you do not use vCAC:VirtualMachine at all in your workflow you can just remove that as an input parameter and you should be all set.

• 4. Re: Rest workflow fails to run
                Burke- Virtuoso
                VMware Employees

Which stub did you assign your workflow to? If you want something to run after the VM is ready, I suggest using the Machine Provisioned stub since the Building Machine stub may be trying to run too early for your needs.