VMware Cloud Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Capacity management

Hi,

I am new to vROPS. We are trying to  get the total cpu demand in the  cluster level , but the result is Zero GHZ. I used this metric

sum($This object:CPU Usage|Demand (MHz))/1000

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please check the last 24 hours data. Some metrics are calculated every 24 hours and hence the data will be populated accordingly!!

In order to check if collection on a policy is enabled you need to check in the policy. Click on Administration -> Policies -> Active Policies -> Select the default policy -> Edit -> Select the option of Metrics/Attributes Override on the left menu and on the right menu look for the metric you want to check. Make sure it is enabled...

Regards Sunny

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Please make sure that vCops collects data for CPU Usage|Demand (MHz) metric.

What version of vROps are you using?

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Many thanks for the help

I amUsing vROps 6.

How can I be sure that vCops collects data for CPU Usage|Demand (MHz) metric?

0 Kudos
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please check the last 24 hours data. Some metrics are calculated every 24 hours and hence the data will be populated accordingly!!

In order to check if collection on a policy is enabled you need to check in the policy. Click on Administration -> Policies -> Active Policies -> Select the default policy -> Edit -> Select the option of Metrics/Attributes Override on the left menu and on the right menu look for the metric you want to check. Make sure it is enabled...

Regards Sunny
0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you

For HA dose vSphere calculating the allocated vCPU or the consumed/used in the context with admission control?

Can I create Alert or dashboard for when any VM will try to violate a reservation percentage for HA ?

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you

For HA can I create Alert or dashboard for when any VM will try to violate a reservation percentage for HA and did not powerdon becuase of that ?

0 Kudos