VMware Cloud Community
mike654
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot connect to the console.

Getting the following error when trying to connect to the console Using VMware vSphere Mobile android client 1.4.610000. "The console has been disconnected. Close this window and re-launch the console to reconnect."

I am able to connect with a computer on the same network using the web client and the desktop client and open a console without any issues.

VMware vCenter Server Appliance 5.5.0.20200 Build 2183109

ESXi 5.5.0, 2143827

Phone: S4   4.4.4

VMware vSphere Mobile android client 1.4.610000

0 Kudos
6 Replies
robert_bienz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mike

i'have the same problem.

0 Kudos
linotelera
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Please could you provide more details about your client ?(also post a screenshot) Have you tried simply kill vsphere process under task manager?

What happens after you close and reconnect? Still disconnected ?

Note: vsphere client use different console than vsphere web client...

0 Kudos
Sateesh_vCloud

Welcome to the Community,

From the given information - you are trying to open the console of VM via vSphere client but got an error message. However you are able to open the console via vSphere Web client. Is it correct?

Try below options to narrow down this issue:

Connect to vCenter and open vSphere client - check the VM console -     Note down the result

Connect to vCenter and open vSphere web client - check the VM console -     Note down the result

If both results are positive then it is working locally on vCenter with specific client version.

Then You need to check the Machine vSphere client version and install same version matching with vCenter and try to access the console.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd
0 Kudos
linotelera
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Please try also to connect to vsphere console directly from esxi host (where VM resides), and identify relevant event log under C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Local Settings\Application Data\VMware\vpx\viclient-x.log

0 Kudos
AlisterLB
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We're very sorry that you're having problems using vSphere Mobile Watchlist.

It would be very helpful for us if you could you provide information about your vSphere infrastructure, such as product  & version.

If you are connecting to vSphere via VPN, make sure web socket port is not blocked:

vCenter 5.5u2 & up: ssl port 7343

vCenter 5.5 : port 7331

0 Kudos
jmdearras1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  The still screen shows the console, but trying to connect gets "The console has been disconnected.  Close this window and re-launch the console to reconnect."  But that just repeats the error.

Everything else works great!

Jim

0 Kudos