VMware Cloud Community
Lapsang28
Contributor
Contributor

Strange keyboard in the console

Hello everybody.

I use this app on Adroid Lollipop (Nexus 5), France. On all screens, all is fine, except on console : I don't have the system keyboard, but a 'build in' one, in english layout (QWERTY). But, it keeps somehow the franch layout : when I type a "Q" on this keyboard, I have a "A".

The thing is, I have several special letters in my passwords (;,?!) and I can't find them on this keyboard, so I can't log on the machines if I have an emergency (which is often the case if I want to use my phone to manage...). Is it possible to get the android or system keyboard for the console ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yitingjin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

The VM console technology used in mobile devices does not have international keyboard translations, i.e. your input keyboard on the mobile client is different from your guest keyboard.  It should give you French keyboard if both client and guest keyboards have the same language setting.  Are you able to change your phone's keyboard setting to "French" keyboard (or add a French keyboard from settings) and see if it'll input correctly?  Or do you mean your only choice is the English keyboard that came with the app?

0 Kudos
Lapsang28
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

On the console, my only choice is the English keyboard that comes with the app. I can't change the keyboard.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Currently Remote Console only supports English Keyboard.

0 Kudos