VMware Cloud Community
LM0513
Contributor
Contributor

Login failed due to invalid credentials in Web Client

We have a vCenter server (I'll call "vCenter1") which was upgraded from 5.1 to 5.5.  Everything went smooth until I logged into the web client.  I was able to log in, but I get an error at the top stating "Login failed due to invalid credentials for one or more vCenter Server systems:https://vCenter2.domain.com:443/sdk"

I found out that vCenter1 is being managed by vCenter2 (which is also 5.5), but I don't understand why I'm getting this error because I don't remember changing any credentials during the upgrade.  I checked permissions in the SSO settings for both servers and they appear fine.

Any ideas as to what is causing this error or where I need to start looking?

Thanks

error1.PNG

Tags (3)
5 Replies
Alistar
Expert
Expert

Heya,

try to login as administrator@vsphere.local (the master admin account you have created while installing SSO for the first time) and check the AD authentication settings, perhaps something was reset unwillingly.

Stop by my blog if you'd like 🙂 I dabble in vSphere troubleshooting, PowerCLI scripting and NetApp storage - and I share my journeys at http://vmxp.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
LM0513
Contributor
Contributor

The only differences I see is the vCenter1 is set to Integrated Windows Authentication and vCenter2 is set to LDAP.  Think this would cause an issue?

EDIT - I changed the settings in vCenter1 to LDAP and am still getting the error.

0 Kudos
abhishekdubey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I also faced the similar issue and i found that if vsphere webclient and vcenter/SSO machines are running on different time i;e if the time difference between both machine is more than 5 minutes then this error appears.

workaround:

change the time of machines means set them on similar time and relogin to webclient the error will gone.

JeansWang
Contributor
Contributor

I just got same problem and fixed by sync the time. Thanks for your solution!

0 Kudos
nattila77
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. Caused by Chrome, logged in via Internet Explorer to check, no issue there.

Cleared cache in Chrome, resolved it.

0 Kudos