VMware Cloud Community
Ludicrous09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Syslog Collector that ships with Vcenter 5.5.0 Build 2001466

I have always used the Syslog collector that ships with VCenter and have never had issues with it in previous versions.  Once we upgraded our environment to 5.5.0 Build 2001466 and i upgraded my syslog collector on a standalone server (non VCenter integrated) I began having issues.  I have about 100 ESXi hosts in my environment.  There appears to be a memory leak in this version as the ram utilization used by the syslog process just continues to climb until the service crashes.  I opened an SR and we tried multiple things to trouble shot such as.

1. Uninstall syslog collector and re-install.  Did not fix issue

2.  Built a brand new windows box and install 5.5 syslog collector.  Problem still presists

What I finally ended up doing was installing the old 5.1 syslog collector and everything is peachy.  The ram utilization is low as it should be and the service is no longer crashing.  I just thought i would put this out there incase others have the issue.  I am not sure how to report a bug.

and no i do not want your log insight tool that you want to charge money for.  thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
0 Replies