VMware Edu & Cert Community
shyamlaltpushpa
Contributor
Contributor

WHY I will Never go for another VCI-ICW , My personal experience with VMware Singapore VCI selection camp

If you are in to VMware technology in general and wish to be a VCI in particular , it may be helpful to you if you come across this post before you bet your money on this $2250 workshop to become a VMware certified Instructor .

I thought about whether I post this stuff to a VMware Community where technology is discussed . But since I did not get the basic justice from even the top officials of VMware , I write it down and posted it as a blog where I only discussed about vmware technology till date . I am ready to give any clarifications if this post is not removed by the moderators of this community .

If you are the type who wish to hear the story in one line , I attended the VCI-ICW workshop and I failed .

No surprise , I have heard the stories of so many current VCI's explaining their previous experience of failing once and then re attending the camp to try their luck again .

And to me all those stories really emphasized the fact that VMware is really keen on maintaining the quality of their official training program and VCI's are the key factor on imparting quality technology to would-be virtualization professionals .

.....until I come across it and come to know the insider story .

It is not a hate post by a person who failed on a test to tarnish an organization or some persons involved in it . But it is about the injustice done to me as a technologist , a trainer and even as a normal human being by a group of individuals  working in a company called VMware .

Please read the full story here on my blogspot blog  vmwaretrainer.blogspot dot  com

VMware Trainer: WHY I will Never go for another VCI-ICW

2 Replies
RafeekMuhammed
Contributor
Contributor

Hello shyam

I have gone through the post you made on vmware community and then read your blog post on the same in detail and also the comments of your students . I am living in singapore for the past 5 years . I can clearly say that such incidents is not common for a country like Singapore were consumer rights are really protected .

I am a network administrator in a service provider facility in Singapore and many of my friends are in to the virtualization segment  and I am also a VCA certified now and preparing for VCP now .

I think you are victim of a racial discrimination by your evaluators which is common in Singapore . If that is the case , you must lodge a complaint . I do'nt know if you are still in Singapore or In india , If you are in Singapore , Please give your local number so that I can help you in this matter  .

Rafeek M

shyamlalpushpan
Contributor
Contributor

hello Rafeek

Thanks for caring to comment on it . I want to clarify that it is not any kind of racial discrimination that happend there . Did you read my blog post link given on my post fully ? It is an internel pressure from some of the authorities that made my trainers act like that .

I am trying to get in touch with the Singapore VMware office in-charge for the past two month with more than 10 emails asking a confirmation email about my camp. They are not even ready to give me a clear document that I have been failed on this event . So they are aware that they have done the injustice .

Anyway thanks once again for the comment .

shyamlal

0 Kudos