8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2014 5:50 AM by ferdis

Where are the Labs?

DougBaer Master
    VMware Employees

I am refreshing some of the labs with new content from VMworld Europe. Consequently, some labs will be temporarily removed from the catalog in order to accomplish this and minimize confusion

http://blogs.vmware.com/hol/2014/10/labs.html

Thanks for your patience,

Doug

• 1. Re: Where are the Labs?
          ferdis Hot Shot

HI,

please is that reason why I cant see HOL-MBL-1457 – AirWatch – Explore and Deploy?

Please when should I expect availability of this lab? Or are there some new Horizon Workspace and Airwatch labs planned to be ready for testing on HOL? If so when?

THank you very much.

• 2. Re: Where are the Labs?
            DougBaer Master
            VMware Employees

Good question. I am not certain that lab is going to make it into the online portal, but we are looking into options. The first challenge is that the AirWatch lab requires an external device to be reconfigured as part of the lab. At the VMworld events, we checked out iPads to attendees for use during the lab. Obviously, we cannot do that as part of our free online service.

• 3. Re: Where are the Labs?
              ferdis Hot Shot

Thanks. I can see that

HOL-MBL-1453 - VMware Workspace Portal - Explore and Deploy

there is also update info for version 2.1. You added new content during the weekend for 2.1 havent you? Nice.

Im exploring for Workspace Portal recently so Im looking for any kind of useful information.

• 4. Re: Where are the Labs?
                pbjork Master
                VMware EmployeesvExpert

ferdis I'm one of the captains who created the Workspace Portal 2.1 Lab. Please let me know what you think of the Lab and let me know if you run into any issues..

• 5. Re: Where are the Labs?
                  ferdis Hot Shot

Hi,

I was not able to find this HOL-MBL-1453 - VMware Workspace Portal - Explore and Deploy  lab during the weekend. Have you updated it during last weekend?

Do you have some simple step by step instruction set how to prepare lab like this?

• 6. Re: Where are the Labs?
                    ferdis Hot Shot

Hi,

looks like workspace.corp.local machine is responding slow in Firefox browser. For example when I click on Catalog tab in Workspace Administrator interface on workspace.corp.local/saas/admin in Firefox, its loading loading loading forever. With Chrome its working immediately showing content of Catalog. And I have experienced this very strange behavior in my own testing environment.

• 7. Re: Where are the Labs?
                      pbjork Master
                      vExpertVMware Employees

Thanks for letting us know.. I vetted most of the modules using IE or Chrome.. We might have a version of Firefox in the lab that is not suitable.. Thanks for letting us know..

• 8. Re: Where are the Labs?
                        ferdis Hot Shot

Hi,

in step 244 one should Add Network Range. Think is that I cant Save it.  Button is not working. Another strange think is that I have there View Pod setting on page but it is not on screenshot on lab instructions. Please help!