Looks like you're trying use the same DSN from vCenter Server to Update Manager, BUT the Update Manager requires a own DSN and a 32 bits DSN, not a 64 bit like appear on screen that you posted.
Take a look at the following links:---1 person found this helpful
Senior Infrastructure Specialist
Thanks for your response.
I have been able to progress in this issue.
The steps I have followed are these ones:
- Before installing open C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
- Go to System DSN tab
- Add a ODBC connection
- I have chosen SQL Server Native Client 10.0
- Name: VUM.
- Server VCENTER\VIM_SQLEXP (in my case)
- Change the default database to VIM_VCDB
- Finally Test Data Source to check it is working well.
Although the installation finished successfully I cannot see the upgrade Tab in the vcenter client.
But before that I could not see it because the Update Manager service was faulted!!
I restarted the service and after it appeared in green I could see the Plug-in Installation...
Now lets try to update the hosts!!
It does not seem easy at all. I will have to read again my notes from the VCP course.
Thank you very much!!