3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 6:54 AM by DougBaer

HOL-SDC-1402 - vSphere Distributed Switch from A to Z

wamami Lurker

This lab is not loading at all. I tried couple of times in different days, same result

• 1. Re: HOL-SDC-1402 - vSphere Distributed Switch from A to Z
          DougBaer Master
          VMware Employees

I have just enrolled and started this lab without issue from the Hands-on Labs portal

http://labs.hol.vmware.com/HOL

By "not loading," do you mean that you are not able to see a console? the lab manual?

If so, you may want to try a different browser or try from a different network location. We support current versions of Chrome and Firefox as well as Internet Explorer 10 and higher.  We also support Safari on Mac OS X, although there are some issues with Safari on MacOS X "Mavericks."

Sometimes, clearing your browser's cookies (at least for the vmware.com and projectnee.com domains) will help.

There are some known issues accessing the labs from corporate networks that use application-based firewalling.

-Doug

• 2. Re: HOL-SDC-1402 - vSphere Distributed Switch from A to Z
            abhaymittal Lurker

HI,

I am accessing the Lab through Internet explorer 10. Labs works very well first 5 minutes , then it hang. I try by reboot lap server bit no help.

I have try login in and logout and restart lab , but same result. It works well first 5 minutes , then VM hang.

Thanks in Advance

Abhay Mittal

• 3. Re: HOL-SDC-1402 - vSphere Distributed Switch from A to Z
              DougBaer Master
              VMware Employees

I suspect it may be an issue with latency.

If a "freeze" happens due to excessive latency, you can click the "refresh" widget on the console object to have it try to reconnect. Keep in mind that the larger you make the console, the more bandwidth is required to maintain that session, we we recommend keeping it as small as is usable for you. We develop most labs to work in a 1024x768 resolution.

You can run our speed test using this link: VMware Learning Platform and it might help determine if that is an issue. For a consistent 5 minute issue, though, it could be an application proxy in your environment. Some proxies terminate connections that are open for a certain period of time -- it helps cut down on excessive consumption due to streaming media, which is commonly restricted in corporate environments.

-Doug