VMware Cloud Community
lakey81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Replacing SSL cert - Invalid certificate format

Has anybody had luck replacing the default SSL certificate?  I've got a cert in .pem format with the chain in it and it's kicking back and invalid certificate format error.  I've tried taking the chain out just to see and that didn't work but it's not giving me much to go on since I believe we are meeting all the requirements of the cert.  Is there any logs that would provide more info about the issue?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Have you checked out: Replacing the Log Insight SSL certificate with a CA signed cert

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Have you checked out: Replacing the Log Insight SSL certificate with a CA signed cert

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
lakey81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have but I was hoping to figure out what was actually wrong with my file.  Unfortunately I don't have a lot of control over the certificate process so I'm trying to work with what i was given.

0 Kudos
lakey81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had our PKI engineer read that thread and we ended up running this command to generate a new private key in RSA format.  We missed that part and assumed we were good since the key was not encrypted just not unencrypted in the right format.

openssl rsa -in C:\Certs\Log-Insight\rui-orig.key -out C:\Certs\Log-Insight\rui.key

/certnoob

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Glad you got it working!

0 Kudos