VMware Cloud Community
AEsansun2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How Decision tree works

I have attached my workflow.

Very simple , I have 2 applications i want to install. SQL & IIS. My decision tree is if SQL equal True, if IIS equal true.

the issue is, that if SQL is true, it does not go down to "Starting SQL install" I have to put the red arrow there in order for it to go down.

Does not make sense to me, since the green arrow is if condition is met.

Secondly, once it executes SQL install even if IIS is equal to true it doesn't continue it.   I tried with and without the end icon..

how do i tell it , once you finished with SQL install move on to the next decision if IIS equal true ?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Without seeing the actual workflow (meaning the inputs, and how each of the decision actions are configured), it's going to be difficult to answer the first question. As to your second question, the workflow is currently configured so that after installing the IIS or SQL pieces, it goes to the end of the workflow.. If that isn't what you want, take the end workflow action you don't want to be an end, and drag it up to wherever it should be going to next. You can just click the end workflow action (the circle) and drag it up, or you can remove the existing blue line, and drag the now available blue line off the nested workflow to wherever it's due next.

-Steve

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Without seeing the actual workflow (meaning the inputs, and how each of the decision actions are configured), it's going to be difficult to answer the first question. As to your second question, the workflow is currently configured so that after installing the IIS or SQL pieces, it goes to the end of the workflow.. If that isn't what you want, take the end workflow action you don't want to be an end, and drag it up to wherever it should be going to next. You can just click the end workflow action (the circle) and drag it up, or you can remove the existing blue line, and drag the now available blue line off the nested workflow to wherever it's due next.

-Steve
0 Kudos
AEsansun2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have a Boolean Variable INSTALL_SQL, in Vcac i set it to true or false.

During the workflow run i have this in my log..

[2014-09-24 09:39:06.010] [I] Are we installing SQL ? True

[2014-09-24 09:39:06.010] [I] Are we installing IIS ? True

[2014-09-24 09:39:06.010] [I] Are we installing HPC ? False

[2014-09-24 09:39:27.319] [I] toolsOK

which is printing out the value of +INSTALL_SQL

the decision i attached. ..

So now it will install... which i think is wrong .. let me know.

0 Kudos
AEsansun2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

very simple error , but posting it so nobody else makes same error.

I forgot to set the variable as ouput, so even though i gave it a value, i never set the variable as output.

0 Kudos