VMware Cloud Community
DLally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

TypeError: Cannot read property "sdkConnection" from null

Not sure what the problem is here. 

[2014-09-12 09:52:23.609] [I] vmUniqueID : 50394b4a-fbbc-7e23-7588-c69bcf64ce9f

[2014-09-12 09:52:23.609] [I] Trying to resolve a vCenter VM

[2014-09-12 09:52:23.609] [I] 1 sdk Connections found...

[2014-09-12 09:52:23.984] [I] TypeError: Cannot read property "sdkConnection" from null (Workflow:Testing -  Machine Provisioned / (item3)#54)

The item#3 #54 is specifically

var host = vCenterVm.sdkConnection;

It's finds he VM ID, and finds the sdk connection but still fails to connect.  This is all happening after upgrading my vCAC to 6.1 and vCO to 5.5.2.   I've tried removing and re-adding my vCenter to vCO

I did read a new KB VMware KB: Cannot find VMware vSphere virtual machines by unique identifier using the vCenter Orches...  but i'm not sure that applies to me at this point, it seems like I'm past there. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The common advice we give for such 'cannot read property...' errors is to disable inventory service by adding the following line to file vmo.properties

com.vmware.o11n.vim.useInventoryService=false

and restarting the vCO server after making this change.

0 Kudos
DLally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is this in relation to the new 6.1 vcac not needing inventory service now?

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you apply the patch from the KB? If not... then it sounds like need to. That fix is essential to extensibility working right (assuming you want to be able to resolve the vCenterVm object). I'd put the probability at 95%.

-Steve
0 Kudos
DLally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes I did import the com.vmware.vcac61_uuid_wf_patch.package.  Is there something else I need to do afterwards?  Previously I just used the workflow template to bring in all the objects I needed.  Do I need to modify my workflows after that? 

0 Kudos