VMware Cloud Community
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am sure I am doing something stupid , or maybe I am just tired

I am getting " there are no reservations available for <the blueprint > . Please speak to your group manager "

what are the things to check on this ?

thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Does the business group you're using for provisioning have a configured reservation for a compute resource? If not, you'll need to configure one!

-Steve
0 Kudos
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks for the reply ,

I am totally confused , ok I have created a brand new group "DEV2-Business group" I am setting this up from scratch and using the JAD-EL Zein vCloud automation center POC guide  I have set up reservation for this business group and every thing , but I am still getting there are no reservations available for this blueprint , is there a way to see if it complaining about  not enough ram or is it complaining about drive space ?

what log do I look at to find out more

thanks again

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

After creating that business group, did you also create a reservation for it against a cluster? After that, make sure you're provisioning from that business group. When looking at blueprints, directly under the linkable text (the name), you should see grey text that will show you the name of the BG associated with that form... It should show "DEV2-Business group", or most of that.. it may cut off.

The specific error you're getting isn't saying there are no resources available, it's saying that there are no reservations available to provision the request into.

-Steve
0 Kudos
jasondgarland
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using reservation policies?  Try removing them.  This worked for me.  I've always used reservation policies and never had a problem, but for some reason a recent blueprint was giving me the same error.  Maybe I forgot to mark the policy somewhere?  I don't know, but they're optional.   Try removing them and if it starts working, at least you know where the problem lies.

Eventually I discovered that I was using them incorrectly because I simply misunderstood their purpose and best use cases.  See here for a clear explanation:

grantorchard.comThe Little Black Book of vCAC | grantorchard.com

0 Kudos
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sorry about the long delay I have been away in the middle east for a bit , I will try this when I get access to the network

thanks!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I know it's been a really long time but check if you have used Storage Policies and make sure you have assigned that policy to some storage otherwise you WILL see this error.

0 Kudos
lu332993469
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

have you  soluted yet? i 've meet the same issue .

0 Kudos
maddyacc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The scenario usually occurs when your Catalog item doesnot get to know to what reservation is your Blue Print tagged to.

Make Sure in Compute Resource you define all the Storage reservation Policies. List all the Datastores to participate in the reservation.

0 Kudos