VMware Horizon Community
MH01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Persona management, clones and windows saved credentials

Hi all,

We have a working clone infrastructure with Persona management set up. Everything works fine only our users are complaining that their windows credentials aren't saved for a network share they use, which is indeed the case: once you switch clones, even if you ticked to remember credentials box, your windows password vault is empty and credentials need to be re-entered to access the remote share.

I've been searching around quite a bit, I found this KB:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalID=205257...

From what I understand, credential roaming is not supported and this can't be done. Which I guess sort of makes sense.

However, I stumbled upon this forum post:

View Persona Management support for CryptProtectData

Where the original poster says that "View Persona Manager does support the Windows Data Protect APIs.".

I'm getting confused here: is it possible to roam credentials for network shares or not? If yes, how do you achieve this? If no, is this definite or are there plans to get this working?

Thanks for your feedback,

Marc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MH01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well for anyone wondering the same thing and not finding an answer, upgrading the view client on the clones to 6.0.1 fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MH01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Bump, anyone?

0 Kudos
MH01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well for anyone wondering the same thing and not finding an answer, upgrading the view client on the clones to 6.0.1 fixed the issue.

0 Kudos