VMware Cloud Community
poltraf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error integrating vCloud Director with vCenter

Hello,

I installed CB 2.6 in a 2-nodes config + a separated LB + a separated MSSQL.

This CB is connected to a vCenter 5.5, to a vCD 5.5 and to a vShield Manager.

I've been waiting for some minutes after installation so that the collectors could "collect" necessary data, but they didn't. Hierarchies are still empty, but I see no errors on GUI.

Going deeply, I can't see any vShield instance available to set the correct user/password.

So, I analized the active collector for vCD and I discovered, in the VCloud-DC log, this lines, recurring every 5 minutes:

2014-08-14T20:11:30.162+0200  INFO [main] [upgrade.UpgradeManager] 8251: VcloudVcUpgrader level :: Starting to upgrade!

2014-08-14T20:11:30.190+0200  WARN [main] [util.JDBCExceptionReporter] 8279: SQL Error: 208, SQLState: S0002

2014-08-14T20:11:30.190+0200 ERROR [main] [util.JDBCExceptionReporter] 8279: Invalid object name 'cb_vc_raw_view'.

2014-08-14T20:11:30.204+0200  WARN [main] [upgrade.UpgradeManager] 8293: Obtained database exception while trying to upgrade vCenter Chargeback Manager + VMware Cloud Director integration. Due to the incomplete upgrade, event processing will not begin. Will try again, to upgrade completely, in 300 seconds.

com.vmware.chargeback.integration.commons.exception.ChargebackDbException: Caught an unknown exception during CBM DB transaction

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.commons.utils.CommonUtils.throwUnknownCbmDbException(CommonUtils.java:149)

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.upgrade.VcloudVcUpgrader.upgrade(VcloudVcUpgrader.java:88)

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.upgrade.UpgradeManager.upgrade(UpgradeManager.java:264)

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.upgrade.UpgradeManager.upgrade(UpgradeManager.java:133)

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.VcloudDcMain.main(VcloudDcMain.java:37)

Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not execute query

at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:90)

at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:66)

at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2231)

at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2125)

at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2120)

at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaLoader.list(CriteriaLoader.java:118)

at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1596)

at org.hibernate.impl.CriteriaImpl.list(CriteriaImpl.java:306)

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.dao.impl.HibernateEventDao.findDistinctIdsOfNonDeletedEvents(HibernateEventDao.java:419)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:310)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy48.findDistinctIdsOfNonDeletedEvents(Unknown Source)

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.upgrade.VcloudVcUpgrader.populateVcloudVcDetails(VcloudVcUpgrader.java:53)

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.upgrade.VcloudVcUpgrader.access$000(VcloudVcUpgrader.java:31)

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.upgrade.VcloudVcUpgrader$1.executeInternal(VcloudVcUpgrader.java:75)

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.upgrade.VcloudVcUpgrader$1.executeInternal(VcloudVcUpgrader.java:71)

at com.vmware.vim.vcenter.das.utils.DBTransaction.execute(DBTransaction.java:65)

at com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.upgrade.VcloudVcUpgrader.upgrade(VcloudVcUpgrader.java:71)

... 3 more

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Invalid object name 'cb_vc_raw_view'.

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:196)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.getNextResult(SQLServerStatement.java:1454)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.doExecutePreparedStatement(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:388)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement$PrepStmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:338)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:4026)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1416)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:185)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:160)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.executeQuery(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:281)

at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyPreparedStatement.executeQuery(NewProxyPreparedStatement.java:76)

at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.getResultSet(AbstractBatcher.java:208)

at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.getResultSet(Loader.java:1808)

at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:697)

at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:259)

at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2228)

... 26 more

And this is from the VCLoud-DC-Error log:

2014-08-15T20:47:27.780+0200 ERROR [main] [util.JDBCExceptionReporter] 5869: Invalid object name 'cb_vc_raw_view'. 

(repeated many, many times)

Now, what I can understand is that smthg is wrong with the cb_vc_raw_view but, honestly, I can't understand what...

The only thing I'm sure of, is that the integration was not completed...

Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot

Raf

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lakshmi325
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

The problem could be with the VCD version being update in CBM.

Since it is a fresh installation could you please follow the below steps.

1) Stop the Chargeback Vcloud Data Collector services.

2) Run and commit the following update queries on the Charge Back Data Base

update CB_SERVER_PROPERTY

set SERVER_PROPERTY_VALUE = '201' where SERVER_PROPERTY_NAME like 'upgrade.current.level';

update CB_SERVER_PROPERTY

set SERVER_PROPERTY_VALUE = '5.5' where SERVER_PROPERTY_NAME like 'vcd.api.version';

commit;

3) start the Chargeback Vcloud Data Collector services.

And please let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos
poltraf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Lakshmi,

I executed the query in your previous post.

Result is that now I can see hierarchies, but still no vShield istancies

From vCD log disappeared the lines "Invalid object name 'cb_vc_raw_view'."

but appeared the following, every 5 minutes:

2014-09-19T01:47:42.423+0200 ERROR [eventProcessorTimer] [util.JDBCExceptionReporter] 6995: Invalid object name 'cb_event_list_raw_view'. 

2014-09-19T01:47:42.444+0200 FATAL [eventProcessorTimer] [jobs.EventProcessorJob] 7016: Unknown exception caught while running com.vmware.chargeback.integration.vcloud.jobs.EventProcessorJob:org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not execute query 

that seems even worse...

In all this, CB continues looking at my vCD 5.5 as if it was 1.5:

"2014-09-19T01:46:40.779+0200  INFO [main] [utils.VcloudCommonUtils] 5351: Current VCD version is:1.5 and DB details are present. Hence, creating VCD DB connection  "

from vCloud collecvtor log.

Finally, from vshield log,

"

2014-09-19T02:00:34.607+0200  INFO [vsmDcHealthMonitoringJobTimer] [utils.CbServerPropertyHandler] 3068: Optional property {name:fatal.error, category:vsm} is either not defined or empty. Using default value null 

2014-09-19T02:05:34.607+0200  INFO [vsmDcHealthMonitoringJobTimer] [utils.CbServerPropertyHandler] 3068: Optional property {name:fatal.error, category:vsm} is either not defined or empty. Using default value null 

2014-09-19T02:06:04.574+0200  INFO [CbmPerformaceStatsJob] [vsm.CbmPerformaceStatsJob] 3035: Terminating current cycle for job :: CbmPerformaceStatsJob. No VSM servers found.

Thanks a lot for your help

Raf

0 Kudos
Lakshmi325
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Could you please attach the vCD data collector and vShiled data collector logs. Along with the logs can you please attach the output of the query "select * from cb_server_property".

Thanks,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos
Lakshmi325
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Could you please send us the logs requested in previous update.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos