VMware Cloud Community
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Not able to import the adapter dash-board after installing the Adapter in Window based vCOps application.

Hi,

I have window based vCOps application setup. I had installed the Adapter into the vCOps application and initiate the “describe” process. After the describe process created the Adapter instance and connect with the UCS domain.

After creating the Instance, one I had  tried to import the Adapter dashboard containing the  resources kind and resource key mapping , but import process is giving the error and not able to import the Adapter dashboard.

The error message we got as “Not all key information found in order to import dashboard.

We had checked the web.log regarding the issue; we found some error messages corresponding to the license managing issue as below error messages:

2014-08-03 21:46:13,737 ERROR [http-443-3] com.integrien.alive.vm.manager.EnterpriseLicenseManagerImpl.checkLicense - Serial number is invalid: com.vmware.licensecheck.SerialNumException: Invalid Serial Number Format

2014-08-03 21:46:13,738 ERROR [http-443-3] com.integrien.alive.vm.manager.EnterpriseLicenseManagerImpl.registerLicenseKey - Registration Failed with code INVALID_SERIAL

2014-08-03 21:46:13,739 ERROR [http-443-3] com.integrien.alive.ui.action.LicenseCheckAction.execute - com.integrien.alive.vm.manager.EnterpriseLicenseException

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ramkrishna1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to communities.

log file say invalid license ,please make sure you have valid license .

After that if still persist please contact to vmware.

0 Kudos
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We had setup new vCOps window application and assigned the license key which is working file with other vCOps application.

But the outcome is same and we are not able to import the dashboard into the new vCOps application.

In the error log, mentioning some exception regarding the "licenseWatermarkEmpty"

014-08-12 02:39:29,483 DEBUG [http-443-7] com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.OgnlValueStack.debug - Caught an exception while evaluating expression '!licenseWatermarkEmpty' against value stack

Caught an Ognl exception while getting property licenseWatermarkEmpty - Class: ognl.OgnlRuntime

File: OgnlRuntime.java

Method: getMethodValue

Line: 1456 - ognl/OgnlRuntime.java:1456:-1

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.accessor.CompoundRootAccessor.getProperty(CompoundRootAccessor.java:143)

at ognl.OgnlRuntime.getProperty(OgnlRuntime.java:2317)

at ognl.ASTProperty.getValueBody(ASTProperty.java:114)

at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateGetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:212)

at ognl.SimpleNode.getValue(SimpleNode.java:258)

at ognl.ASTNot.getValueBody(ASTNot.java:49)

at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateGetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:212)

at ognl.SimpleNode.getValue(SimpleNode.java:258)

at ognl.Ognl.getValue(Ognl.java:494)

Best Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

0 Kudos
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Apart from above issue, Here I am getting another issue while doing the action for collecting/discovering the resource. Once I have added the Adapter Instance and tried for manual discovery process, so during the onCollect() method call it is throwing SSL exception and do not complete the resource kind collection process.

Below is the snippet of the logs showing various exeption :

I had checked the Adapter log regarding the same and found some "Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: bad_record_mac".

My collect process is not able to get the “handle” reference and throwing the null pointer exception. Below the some logs regarding the same.

Received fatal alert: bad_record_mac

at com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.collectBase(AdapterBase.java:644)

at com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.collect(AdapterBase.java:457)

at com.integrien.alive.collector.CollectorWorkItem3.run(CollectorWorkItem3.java:47)

at com.integrien.alive.common.util.ThreadPool$WorkerItem.run(ThreadPool.java:239)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I had also checked the collector.log file, there is also same kind of exception is occurring

2014-08-10 00:00:43,200 INFORMATION [Adapter scheduler] com.integrien.alive.common.adapters.AdapterLoader.logAdapterVersions - 'VMWARE' adapter version: 2.0.308183

2014-08-10 03:49:52,371 ERROR [Collector worker thread 21] (137) com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.collect - Collect threw an exception: null

at com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.collectBase(AdapterBase.java:644)

at com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.collect(AdapterBase.java:457)

at com.integrien.alive.collector.CollectorWorkItem3.run(CollectorWorkItem3.java:47)

at com.integrien.alive.common.util.ThreadPool$WorkerItem.run(ThreadPool.java:239)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

0 Kudos