VMware Cloud Community
Kaylin
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Hyperic 5.8.2 intergration with VCOPS 5.7.1

Hi Guys,

I have integrated vCenter Hyperic with vCenter Operations Manager and I can now view SQL data under the custom UI and SQL dashboard but for some reason the Exchange Dashboard does not populate with data.

I know the integration was successful since SQL data is pulling through from Hyperic to VCOPS and in Hyperic my exchange servers are up and monitoring is working  any ideas what the problem could be. 

Regards

Kaylin

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

what is the systemstate of those metrics?

Go to Environment -- > Environment Overview --> Adapter Instances --> MP for Hyperic Instance.

On the right side you will now be able to see the systemstate of your metrics.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Kaylin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Frank,

It shows the health adaptor as 100 for health and its collecting data from vCenter Hyperic every few seconds

Regards

Kaylin

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

only the hyperic adapter?

What are the other instances showing unter the hyperic adapter?

What are your SQL Server showing?

Has to be look like these

hyperic.JPG

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Kaylin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I can see all my instances under the adapter. I am just having trouble with exchange not showing any data in the exchange dashboard. I have attached some screen shots

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Sorry,

my fault.

We do not have exchange, therefor my post was showing our sql server metrics.

Are you seeing the same for your exchange servers?

Because in your first screenshot, there is no exchange items visible. So i think, you do not receive any data from the exchange metrics.

In hyperic itself, you are able to see the exchange values? Like it is possible for your sql server? There, you could see the databases and as an example, your lock requests or buffer cache hit ratio.

Frank

0 Kudos
Kaylin
Contributor
Contributor

No problem Frank yeah its weird coz the exchange items are there but no data is being pulled through.

If I logon onto Hyperic I can view all the data for my exchange servers. Cant figure out why sql  integrates from Hyperic to vcops  but exchange is not both use the same instance.

0 Kudos
Nisar212
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Frank,

could you please tell me how to install Vcenter server and Hyperic adapters in Vcenter Operations Enterprise 5.8.4 standalone(Installed on Windows 2k8 R2)?

and from where I can download Vcenter server and Hyperic adapters for windows platform.

Nisar

0 Kudos