VMware {code} Community
SatishPatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Plugin development - getting dependency error in eclipse

Hi All,

I am following "Developing Plug-Ins with VMware vCenter Orchestrator vCenter Orchestrator 5.1" document for plugin development. The following are steps on page 19. After step 4 eclipse throws the dependency error. Any idea? Attached screenshot.

Install the vCO Plug-In SDK

To be able to use the vCO Plug-in SDK, you must download a ZIP file and install it in the Eclipse interface.

Prerequisites

Obtain the UpdateSite-VCOPSK-com.vmware.vide-3.0.0.build_number.zip file, by downloading and

unzipping the VMware-VCO-Plug-In-SDK-5.1.0-build_number.zip file from the VMware Communities site.

Procedure

1 In the Eclipse interface, select Help > Install New Software.

2 Click Add.

3 In the Location text box, provide the URL of the UpdateSite-VCOPSKcom.

vmware.vide-3.0.0.build_number.zip file and click OK.

4 Select the check box next to vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in and Starter Kit, and click Next.

---------------Error -------------------------------------------------------

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software being installed: vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in Starter Kit 3.0.0.1284990 (com.vmware.vide.vcopsk.kepler.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.1284990)

Missing requirement: VMware Workbench Project Components 3.0.0.1284990 (com.vmware.vide.project.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.1284990) requires 'com.vmware.vide.vxmleditor.feature.feature.group [3.0.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in Starter Kit 3.0.0.1284990 (com.vmware.vide.vcopsk.kepler.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.1284990)

To: com.vmware.vide.project.feature.feature.group [3.0.0,4.0.0)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

.. moved to correct community ..

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
0 Kudos
koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear All,

I am also trying to install the vCO plug-in 5.5 with Eclipse Kelper (4.3.2) but received the below error message.

I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) machine at my end. Can you please help me out ?

Software being installed: vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in Starter Kit 3.0.0.1284990 (com.vmware.vide.vcopsk.kepler.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.1284990)

Missing requirement: vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in Starter Kit 3.0.0.1284990 (com.vmware.vide.vcopsk.kepler.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.1284990) requires 'com.vmware.vide.vxmleditor.feature.feature.group [3.0.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found.

Thanks,

Koushik

0 Kudos
dapuzhoutao
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the same dependency error via install VMware Workbench IS 3.5.7, could anybody help on this? thanks.

0 Kudos