3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 5:29 PM by vaxman

Reconnect to server after wake

aloshka Enthusiast

When connected to ESXi or Workstation from a rMBP; coming out of sleep never reconnects. Even closing console and reopening does not reconnect. Have to completly quit out of fusion and restart to get the server up and running again.

Same thing happens when you switch WiFi networks. Or if you are on ethernet and switch to WIFI.

Doing something wrong? Or currently a bug?

• 1. Re: Reconnect to server after wake
          ChipMcK Expert

Gee, Back-To-My-Mac does the same on my OSX 10.9.4 system

• 2. Re: Reconnect to server after wake
            aloshka Enthusiast

Yeah, except if you have other VM's running locally, you have to shut them all down too, just to reconnect back to the server.

I just realized, however, I do not think I can use this as a solution. I will probably have to stick with RDP. Copy & paste, copying files between VM are not available on Workstation Server.

• 3. Re: Reconnect to server after wake
              vaxman Novice

> Copy & paste, copying files between VM are not available

That is sort of a good thing, though it would be good if it could be restricted by the connecting user's Role on the server.

Unfortunately, this capability is already "legacy" --they need to add X.264-streaming-consoles to vSphere 6 (that you can connect to with VLC, if nothing else).  If they don't their users will continue moving to cloud systems and competitors that are real good at adding lightweight features like this, though still lacking in the under-the-hood virtualization department.