Hello Fusion Community!
I've added the PCI-e iSight to the VM using the Fusion TP2 but I am seeing a weird issue:
- After powering on the VM, the first attempt to use the iSight works.
- Second attempt fails - app using the iSight keeps attempting to initialize the cam but cam never initalizes.
- If I power down VM, power it again and then again attempt to use iSight it works but again the second attempt fails.
- Issue can be reproduced with Skype and Lync 2013.
- After powering on VM, if I use iSight with Skype first then Lync cannot use it without powering off/on the VM and same is true other way round as well.
I've managed to repro this behaviour numerious times with different VMs. Even tried creating a VM from scratch using TP2 itself and still saw the same behaviour.
Attached are collected logs from host using ‘VMware Fusion Problem Reporter.tool’ and screenshot descibing what the failure looks like.
Anyone else seeing the same thing?
What else can I collect from the guest to make my bug report useful?
Hardware - MacBook Pro 13" (Late 2013)
Host OS - OSX Mavericks (10.9)
Fusion - Tech Preview 2 (July 2014)
Guest - Win7 Pro SP1
Antivirus - None on host/guest
Will test the same software config with an older Macbook as soon as I can get my hands on one..