VMware Horizon Community
rseabrooke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Apex 2800 Horizon View 6

So I tried to install the Apex 2800 no problems in vshpere 5.5, however when I went to install it on the client side it wanted view 5.3. Has anybody heard when Teradici plans to have a driver

available for Horizon view 6?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

You'll need to contact Teradici, but usually you're looking at least a month out.

0 Kudos
rseabrooke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah I sent them an email but thought I would see if someone in the community heard anything.

0 Kudos
gmtx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Not sure Teradici has ever released an APEX update within a month of a VMware release, but we can hope. Just as an example, the latest APEX drivers (2.3.5, released in June) are only certified by Teradici to run on a version of ESXi that was released nine months ago (Build 1331820). If you're running APEX on a newer version of ESXi with View 5.3, it's not supported.

APEX driver support has now become the pacing item for any View environment using APEX boards, and that includes ESXi updates as well as View. Unless something changes, I wouldn't count on Teradici releasing timely updates any time soon.

Geoff

0 Kudos
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Had same question and found this on the Apex resource page :

Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800) support for VMware Horizon 6.0 will be available on Aug 18.

Seb

0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thought I would share this just in case it can help ...

After upgrading to horizon6 and upgrading the agent in my golden images, recomposed my pools but the display was no longer offloaded.

I had to reinstall the apex drivers, recomposed once more and the display gets offloaded again.

Cheers

Seb

0 Kudos