2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2019 12:53 AM by Vardhaan010

PXE-E51: No DHCP or proxyDHCP offers were received

joeflint2 Novice

Hi,

I'm trying to get Auto Deploy working, and recieve the error PXE-E51: No DHCP or proxyDHCP offers were received.

The ESXi host is using an 'access configured switch port' and no VLAN tag assigned for management network.

• IBM Rack mounted hardware
      • Auto Deploy and TFTP server are installed on the vCenter server.
      • SolarWinds TFTP
      • MS Windows DHCP server

The DHCP server is on another subnet and relay is configured, and the ESXi host can ping the relay via SSH. ESXi is already installed on the host, but when PXE booting the DHCP server is not picked up.

I will next test configuring DHCP via DCUI, bit wanted to check if anyone knows or has had similiar issue.

Thanks

• 1. Re: PXE-E51: No DHCP or proxyDHCP offers were received
          HectorLuis Lurker

I do actually. I been narrowing the problem and I found is not a Switch Issue. I have 3 Hosts with different Ethernet cards connected to the same Switch. Same VLAN 1. I am using Windows 2012 R2 WDS and the DHCP is on the same Server as the WDS.

Problem:

If I create a Virtual Machine in the same Virtual switch, it works perfectly.

If I create a Virtual Machine in a different Host in different network card, DOES NOT WORK.

After that, it does not work on any setup but those VMs that are located in the same Virtual Switch, that does not involved external connection.

Error #1: PXE-E55

Error #2: PXE-E51

Error #3: Failed to restart TFTP

VMWare Version: 5.5.0 2068190

What I found interesting about this Post is that no one actually replied to this matter that I been seen for some years now.

Any thoughts?

Did you manage to fix it by yourself?

• 2. Re: PXE-E51: No DHCP or proxyDHCP offers were received
            Vardhaan010 Lurker

Hey

i have the same issue could you help to get it resolved