3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2014 10:22 AM by wrlominick

vm on ESXi 5,5 more than 8GB of RAM

enthusuast Lurker

Hi

Connected to my ESXi host from Fusion (Connect to Server...)

I have a debian using 16GB of ram on a ESXi host. (running fine)

But on the settings of the debian i cant get out of the processors and memory window. I get Invalid memory size.

Fusion is supporting only 8GB of RAM.

Only way to get out of this window is to Force to Quit Fusion.

Screenshot 2014-07-06 01.22.23.png

• 1. Re: vm on ESXi 5,5 more than 8GB of RAM
          Tonyw23 Expert
          VMware Employees

Thanks for using Fusion. Fusion 6 local vm support 64GB maximum. The memory settings for the remote vm should show the maximum memory size of your ESXi host.

e.g. I have a ESX which is 32 GB memory, so the maximum of my Memory is 32 GB as well.

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 3.19.21 PM.png

So could you click the ESXi IP or name on the library to take a screen shot of your system info on the right side? By the way, could you collect the support information and send me the support bundle as well. Thanks.

• 2. Re: vm on ESXi 5,5 more than 8GB of RAM
            jontrott Novice

I can confirm the same issue here, VM with 62GB of RAM allocated on a 64GB host and force quit required to get out of the dialogue.

Also, when I click on the host it only reports 12 cores for capacity even though the host is using hyperthreading and there are 24 cores available to assign to VMs.

• 3. Re: vm on ESXi 5,5 more than 8GB of RAM
              wrlominick Lurker

Confirming same issue here.  Fusion says 8GB is maxiumum but the remote VM is configured for 16GB and only option is to force quit.