VMware Cloud Community
obrienj123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Send Custom Notification

I would like to setup a custom notification in either VCAC or VCO. Once a user provisions a new VM I would like to generate an email with information on how to connect to the VM. How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Forget the notifications in vCAC, for now they are broken and useless.

If you want custom notifications, you have to first configure you vCAC IaaS host under vCO, using the VCAC plugin, after which you assign a state change workflow (workflow stub) to a vCAC blueprint and its vms. When you configure this, you can choosen which custom vCO workflow has to be attached to a blueprint (and its vms).. There are 6 workflow stubs you can choose and each of them is triggered during a different vm state, for example the WFStubMachineProvisioned is triggered after the machine is provisioned.

For starters, I suggest you make a duplicate of the "Workflow template" (Library-vCAC-IA-Extensibility), rename and place it in some other folder. Now start the "Assign a state change worklfow..." workflow and configure it, so one of the stubs is enabled (lets say MachineProvisoned), choose you vCAC host, map a blueprint and choose the end user (custom) worfklow to run - here you can choose the duplicate of the "Workflow Template" workflow you have created. Also check "Add vCO workflow...". Submit. Now if you did everything right, each time you provision a vm , your custom workflow will trigger. It includes all necessary infos which will help you to pull infos about the new vm, which you can then use to populate an email content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Forget the notifications in vCAC, for now they are broken and useless.

If you want custom notifications, you have to first configure you vCAC IaaS host under vCO, using the VCAC plugin, after which you assign a state change workflow (workflow stub) to a vCAC blueprint and its vms. When you configure this, you can choosen which custom vCO workflow has to be attached to a blueprint (and its vms).. There are 6 workflow stubs you can choose and each of them is triggered during a different vm state, for example the WFStubMachineProvisioned is triggered after the machine is provisioned.

For starters, I suggest you make a duplicate of the "Workflow template" (Library-vCAC-IA-Extensibility), rename and place it in some other folder. Now start the "Assign a state change worklfow..." workflow and configure it, so one of the stubs is enabled (lets say MachineProvisoned), choose you vCAC host, map a blueprint and choose the end user (custom) worfklow to run - here you can choose the duplicate of the "Workflow Template" workflow you have created. Also check "Add vCO workflow...". Submit. Now if you did everything right, each time you provision a vm , your custom workflow will trigger. It includes all necessary infos which will help you to pull infos about the new vm, which you can then use to populate an email content.

0 Kudos