VMware Edu & Cert Community
andynash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Certified Associate - Network Virtualization (VCA-NV)

Hi is there ever going to be an exam for the VMware Certified Associate - Network Virtualization (VCA-NV)

It’s been advertised as coming soon since last year so that’s about 6 months now.

The eLearning course has been available for a while so I naturally assumed the exam was really coming soon.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes there will be.

I don't know when it is expected to be made available, but it's coming...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
andynash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks Scott, I will keep checking the site, do you think there will be the opportunity to sign up for a beta exam?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Betas are normally invitation-only, I'll keep my ears open internally for noise though...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
carminenatale
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking for this one too.

Please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
TommyFreddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is it started ? This is gonna be a good one ..

0 Kudos
carminenatale
Contributor
Contributor

any news?

why is it taking so long?

thanks.

0 Kudos
andynash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Scott, can I assume that now as it’s almost a year since the VCA’s were launched, and that now the VMware Certified Associate - Network Virtualization (VCA-NV) is no longer mentioned as even coming soon that it’s been cancelled?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I believe this certification was pulled - the "starter level" for NV is the VCP-NV: VMware Certification

0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39

Finally this exam has been launched. Not sure, there are any discount vouchers at the moment.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ah yes, so it has: (VCA-NV) VCA Network Virtualization

0 Kudos
Luqmaan
Contributor
Contributor

Does anybody know when the mock exam for VCA NV will be made available? IS it anytime soon? Thanks

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It looks like VCA-DCV is the only 1 of the 4 VCAs to have a practice exam.

0 Kudos
Luqmaan
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody else passed the VCA NV exam yet? Share your experience!

0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39

Hi,

I appeared on 1st Jan 2015. Unfortunately failed with 278. There are lot of questions about Basic Network fundamentals. Going to reappear on 17th Jan again.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have a look at this thread: I passed the VCA-NV today!

0 Kudos
GioLam83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Congratulation for your Certification!

I would know which of three (one, two or all) certifications of VCA are more important between Cloud, Network and Data Center.
I have studied the three courses, but I want manage my money for exams Smiley Happy

Thanks for help!!

0 Kudos
EV_Simon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have to be honest, the VCA really isn't worth much as far as VMware certifications go, yes it's great for a manager to take the exam to have a basic understanding of the product but as far as technology understanding goes you're looking at the VCP as the key exam to prove understanding of the technology suite is concerned.

I certainly don't look for people with VCA's on their CV, I am more interested in the VCP and VCAP exams, at least with them you know they have a decent understanding of the technology rather than spent 3 hours on a self study course.

I speak as a person with all 4 VCA's as well as a couple of VCP's (and looking at the VCAP for this year).

Just my opinion of course.

0 Kudos
GioLam83
Contributor
Contributor

I have used a little VMware for fun and now I would certificate my knowledge.
I think that you have right for CV and the VCA level, I speak as a person that have achieved CCNA Certification and a Master Degree in Physics.

Perhaps I think that's a good idea follow the Network VCA and next go to the VCP level. I think also to start CCNP in the future.

Do you think it's a good idea?

Thanks for your attention!

0 Kudos
kumar363
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I appeard for VCA-NV on Aug 15th 2016 unfortunely failed with 279 for reappear the exam do we need to pay any additional amount ? or any concession would be there

0 Kudos