4 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 11:55 PM by dlhotka

Initial thoughts

dlhotka Virtuoso

First, thanks much for the customizable graphics memory.

I've debugging disabled in the VM settings - is there a global preference I need to disable as well?  I'll turn it back on if there's a particular issue we need to track down.

Attempting to run Dragon Age Origins in Windows 7 (my graphics test) works, but still shows some stuttering, and the gamma change in full screen mode is still non-functional.

Otherwise, so far so good.

• 1. Re: Initial thoughts
          WoodyZ Guru

dlhotka wrote: First, thanks much for the customizable graphics memory.

Parallels has this in there current major release and IIRC was also available in the previous major version release!

• 2. Re: Initial thoughts
            dlhotka Virtuoso

Hmmm, never went to look - it's listed as a 2014 new feature (which is why I noticed it).

The inability to change gamma extends to the windows 7 control panel as well.  I haven't tried running games in a guest before, but this gamma issue seems to have been reported (but no fix) a number of times.  Unfortunately, without a workaround, it makes these games too dark to play.

Since it exists in 6 too, I'll post a thread in the main forum as well.

• 3. Re: Initial thoughts
              WoodyZ Guru

dlhotka wrote: Hmmm, never went to look - it's listed as a 2014 new feature (which is why I noticed it).

I was referring to Parallels not Fusion.

• 4. Re: Initial thoughts
                dlhotka Virtuoso

Ahh, gotcha.  Thanks Woody