VMware Cloud Community
pvevers
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare View 105 - Broker Small Memory

With reference to View Connection Server 5.3, and the event log entry 105 advising the broker has been detected as having been configured with too small amount of physical memory.

I was under the impression with 5.3 that once the amount of memory had been changed the JVM heap size would be automatically adjusted to the optimal size on each start of the View Connection server. That there would be no need for manual adjustment or reinstalling the Connection server. I have increased the memory, restarted and re-installed the Connection server, and am still seeing the event log entry. Is there another step that needs to be carried out to fully resolve this?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

The warning will be there if there is less then 10GB RAM configured for the VM.

How much memory does it have?

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
pvevers
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed.

It was originally configured with 8GB. I increased this to 16GB yesterday on, hence my confusion outlined in my first post. However, someone has apparently reduced the memory size again, for reasons unknown to me. That will teach me to check again before posting unnessecarily, and explains the prescence of the error. Apologies for having troubled you needlessly.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

No, problem! Happy for the easy points! 🙂

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos