VMware Cloud Community
drheim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Help locating SSO database(5.1)

Hi guys,

I have (2)VMWare environments.  Both are 5.1u1.  One of the vCenter servers has a SQL 2008 database on it named RSA and I figured out that is the SSO database for that environment.  On the other vCenter server, I cannot find it.  I know it is using a different SSO server, and I looked through the database server and see the vcenter database and the update manager database for that environment, but not sure where the SSO database is.  Not seeing a DSN either for it and my guess is that it might not be SQL.  I tried to check some of the config files in the SSO directories, but do not see a database file or a config file that will tell me.  Does anyone know an easy way to see this?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pratjain
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can check this file

C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\SSOServer\webapps\lookupservice\WEB-INF\classes\config.properties on the machine where SSO is installed.

This would provide you the details of the RSA database

Regards, PJ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rh5592
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Try checking the SQL accounts in your DB server. The database mapped to the RSA_DBA and RSA_USER is your SSO database.

Or could it be that the other vCenter server used SQL Express inside of the vCenter Server itself?

Regards. ================================================= "If found useful, kindly mark answers Correct or Helpful " http://rh5592.com =================================================
pratjain
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can check this file

C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\SSOServer\webapps\lookupservice\WEB-INF\classes\config.properties on the machine where SSO is installed.

This would provide you the details of the RSA database

Regards, PJ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
drheim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the help - It does look like SQL express

0 Kudos