VMware Cloud Community
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Error - Install Agent Windows (vCenter)

Hello All,

I am trying install agent of vCM (5.7.1)on Windows (vCenter), but i received follow message of error:

Install Simple Installer    Completed with errors    ::SetFileAttributes( ) Failed... Source: C:\Windows\CMAgent\Installer\Packages\EcmInstallSimpleInstaller6_0.exe HRESULT 0x80070003 = The system cannot find the path specified.;

Has anyone have experience with this error?

Note: Installation of agent using DCOM (DCOM it's ok - dont have firewall or antivirus blocking dcom).

Thanks in advanced!

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
1 Reply
vNEX
Expert
Expert

Hi Mauro,

it's a fresh install or agent upgrade?

Did you check installation path if it's correct/exist "C:\Windows\CMAgent\Installer\Packages\EcmInstallSimpleInstaller6_0.exe"  ?

- any folder redirection policy on the server?

- verify if system variables are correct

You can also try manual installation of agent via .msi package.

Try install agent via msiexec with verbose logging  "msiexec /i CMAgent[version].msi /L*v install.log", from this log we can get more detailed info...

Log can be analyzed with  Windows Installer Log Analyzer:

Wilogutl.exe (Windows)

Or enable MSI verbose logging on the system: (DONT forget to turn it off after troubleshooting:)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer]

Reg_SZ: Logging

Value: voicewarmupx

and check Msi*.log in %temp% folder ...

Regards,

Petr

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.
0 Kudos