VMware Communities
sbower
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect to proxy server error after upgrading to OS X Mavericks with VMWare Fusion 6

After installing Mavericks OS on my MAC I have been unable to navigate to any URL in any browser. The error is unable to connect to the proxy server. I thought that it might be due to running an older version of vmware, so I upgraded to Fusion 6 which did not solve my issue. I have a WiFi network connection on my MAC that works just fine but in my VM running WIN 7 I can only ping other IP addresses, and when I try and reach a URL it fails. I have tried switching  NAT to Bridged with a Auto and WiFI connection, and tethered to my cell phone with no Joy! The only way I have been successfully connected to the internet is with an Ethernet connection Bridged on my VM.

Can someone please help?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PJRIII
Contributor
Contributor

I am running OSX Mavericks 10.9.4 and VMWare Fusion 6.0.4 and started getting the proxy error today.  "Unable to connect to the proxy server.  Error code: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED"  I am able to view network resources on my LAN such as servers and printers — just no Internet in Windows.  Internet on the Mac works fine.  I've tried connecting to several other WiFi networks I've used before to see if perhaps it was a local network error, but the error persists.  I have not changed any VMWare settings or other network settings on the Mac.  It was all working fine 8 hours ago.  I too would like some advice if anyone is in a position to give it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
PJRIII
Contributor
Contributor

I talked to tech support today.  They were very helpful.  We discovered that my Internet Options had been changed in Windows 7.  The check box for detecting a proxy server was checked and should not have been.  We unchecked it, saved the changes and all was back to normal.  I don't know what caused the change in terms of the proxy server since I had not touched that setting, but it works again now.

0 Kudos
leneborma
Contributor
Contributor

ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED is a browser-based error, it means your browser is not able to connect to the internet because of the proxy connection. Either you have invalid proxy connection or configuration of proxy is controlled by the third party. . You can usually solve this issue with the following  steps:

Change Proxy settings

Renew IP address

Delete Proxy Server Registry Key

Reset TCP/IP

0 Kudos