VMware Cloud Community
schistad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Web View with selected workflows only?

I'm currently investigating how to, with as little effort as possible, provide a web portal to trigger workflows.

Currently I'm trying to find a way around the fact that the root-level permissions, which are required to log in to the weboperator, are auto-inherited across the entire hierarchy, meaning that anyone who can log in to the portal will see *every* workflow in the entire repository.

Is there any way to hide this? Or choose which workflows can be viewed inside the web operator?

Yes, removing the permission on all child folders and adding it back on just the workflows I want to publish would probably achieve the desired result, but that's just nasty.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

AFAIK, there is no such way, so you have to remove permission on child folders.

0 Kudos
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As Ilian notes, there is no way to choose which workflows are displayed in the Weboperator. To achieve what you are looking for, you'll be better off with your own portal and simply using the REST API - for example WaveMaker Smiley Wink In older versions of vCO, the Webviews were an option. While they still work, if you can figure out how to use them, they ARE being deprecated as noted in version 5.5.1's release notes.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
schistad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Okay, I've been able to hack together a quick webview based on the examples in the vCO documentation.

One minor niggle is that I've found that when submitting a form input (eg approval) from the Web Operator, the portal attempts to redirect the user to "thankyou.html",  which  does not exist. This then triggers an exception in the Web Operator, which is never pretty.

Any idea where this might come from, and if I can fix it?

0 Kudos