VMware Workspace ONE Community
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sync Issues - How to delete a group from the User Store

After adding some extra groups to the directory sync on Workspace 1.8 I have the following error :

Other Error: Failed to complete sync due to a problem with the service. Exception Info: The service reported that group: 658388a7-d893-4b91-b8fc-a0a5aac9bd45 (1st Floor) contains an unreported user: bb6608ee-aed2-4207-97c3-42edb2643991

My connector doesn't sync anymore and I can't manage to get rid of that group. This is strange because all members of that group are existing and active users that have been previously synced.

When I go in the Groups tab on the dashboard there is a lock in front of the group so I can't obviously delete it.

Is there any cli command that I could run to get rid of that group and enable the sync to work again ?

Tkx

Seb

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Sebastien,

Can you go into the connector and remove the group from the sync and sync.. then, it will get deleted and then you can probably re-add it?

0 Kudos
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Sridevi,

already tried that one and I end up with an error saying that the sync can't complete and I get one more of those entries in the logs that s why I am wondering if there is a way to kick it out through the cli Smiley Happy

Would resetting the connector to default would remove the groups and users from the global config or will it have no effect ? I was thinking about doing this but if this is useless ...

Cheers

Seb

0 Kudos