VMware Horizon Community
malabelle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

upgrade 5.1 to 5.3: interoperability

We are preparing to migrate our View 5.1 to 5.3

We have about 1000 view desktops with agent 5.1.

On the >

Compatibility Matrix for Horizon View Components During an Upgrade to Horizon View 5.3 (2069327)>

It says that the <View Agent 5.1.x> is supported <Only during upgrade> with <Connection Server 5.3>...

What does it mean, only during upgrade?

We don't want to do all the steps in one night...

We would do:

- Upgrade Composer

- Upgrade Connexion server

- upgrade Replicas

(we have no security servers)

- upgrade vcenter to 5.5

- Upgrade ESXi to 5.5

and then, next week rebuild GOLDEN images with 5.3 agent and recompose all the pools...

Is it possible???

vExpert '16, VCAP-DCA, VCAP-DCD
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I think that upgrade path should do the trick. I remember reading somewhere that the agent 5.1.x is supported with connection server 5.3 but once the upgrade is completed try to update your agent on VDI desktops ASAP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I think that upgrade path should do the trick. I remember reading somewhere that the agent 5.1.x is supported with connection server 5.3 but once the upgrade is completed try to update your agent on VDI desktops ASAP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
malabelle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I opened a ticket to make sure and it seems ok.

Thank you for your Support Request..My name is ----- and I am assuming ownership of the Service request #-----------.

I understand from your case description that you want to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.3

Would the Desktop using View Agent 5.1 still function with View 5.3? Yes they would function fine no issues in that. But upgrade the agent as soon as you upgrade the Virtual Machine hardware Version.

I look forward to working with you.

vExpert '16, VCAP-DCA, VCAP-DCD
0 Kudos