VMware Workspace ONE Community
guru05
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to not make shared files appear on windows or mac clients? But be available on the browser for Internal users

If I am sharing some files with my colleagues who have the client installed on there machines, its saving a local version of all those files. Now that seems to be ok if you are sharing couple 100 MBs or even a 1GB. But we have one folder that we are sharing that is worth 50 GBs. We only want it to stay on the cloud and not be accessible offline, or be saved as a local copy.

Any idea how we can go about doing this ?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
guru05
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone?

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unfortunately, we don't have selective sync with the agents. Currently, there is no way to prevent this sync.

0 Kudos
guru05
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So you are saying if I upload and share 50 gigs of file with my team. I'll not only be using 50 gigs on the clouds but 50 gigs on everyone's machine? That doesn't seem too useful or something that can be carried on as the size of the share keeps on increasing.

0 Kudos
lkowalski
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think that the Windows desktop client has a way to specify No Sync for the files if the Windows client is installed via the command line, and the command-line installer option ENABLE_DATA is set to zero (0).

The command-line options for the Windows desktop client are documented here: Command-Line Installer Options for Horizon Workspace for Windows

However, I believe there is nothing comparable for the Mac desktop client.

0 Kudos