VMware {code} Community
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Enhanced SDK samples

Hello all

I am uploading an enhanced version of C# samples for Converter SDK usage.

The existing samples demonstrate only agent installation and conversion of a live Windows machine. These enhanced samples include also:

- Conversion of powered off VMs, including both managed (ESXi or vCenter Server) and hosted (Workstation, Player, Fusion) sources and destinations; hosted sources include also Hyper-V VMs, VMware backups, and third party images;

- Conversion of powered on Linux machines;

- Starting of synchronizable conversions of Windows live machines and starting synchronization tasks for those conversions;

- Reconfigurations;

- Getting source info only;

- Getting default conversion parameters from destination;

- Getting latest jobs and tasks.

The zip includes the C# source files, the project file, and the properties file.

Please note that the properties file format is different - there are much more properties, it supports comments and array values. Read the comments in it for more info.

The source files contain more comments, too.

Disclaimer:

This code is what is states to be - sample. It is intended only to help understanding how to use Converter SDK.

It has passed only very basic testing and is not production ready.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Plamen

Message was edited by: Plamen

8 Replies
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

And here are the Java samples.

Note: JDK 1.7 or newer is needed to build them.

Message was edited by: Plamen

Dorisliq
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your samples, I will test it on my environment and provide feedback if have any.

0 Kudos
Saji87
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Issue in getting sslthumbprint, couple of options as mentioned in the below link are tried

How to Get SSLThumbprint

Any Suggestions ?

0 Kudos
dlamotta
Contributor
Contributor

These are great examples.  What version of Axis did you use to generate the Java files from WSDL?

Better yet, if you could include the generated files in a .jar that we can pull in, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello

It's Axis 1.4 and JDK 1.7 (jdk-1.7.0_51 to be more specific, though other minor versions should work, too)

Download the sdk samples package for 5.5 and look at the readme_java.htm for details how to build the samples

HTH

Plamen

0 Kudos
dlamotta
Contributor
Contributor

Got the code building, thanks.  Had to do it on Windows with those specific versions.

Thanks again.

-David

0 Kudos
kumarsenthild
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. I am able to test p2v & v2v without any issue. Can you please help me to specify Datastore(MOID) in Properties file.

Regards Senthil Kumar D
0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello

You can use the MOB to browse the inventory and get the datastore moid from there,

0 Kudos