VMware Horizon Community
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

The datastores used for the pool are low on disk space.

in horizon manager, I am getting this message but i checked the datastores and they have lot of space. I am not able to provision any new desktops

any idea?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Verify your connection back to vCenter.  

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Have you selected Conservative, Moderate or Aggressive for your storage for VDI VMs ? Here is the link for some more information - VMware View 5.0 Documentation Center

If you have selected conversative, by default it will create 4 times the size of datastore and after that it will not create any VMs on that datastore even if there is space. It  will alert you that you are running low on disk space.

Hope this helps !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
Pooran98
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Along the lines of what vcpguy said check what mode the data store in.  In View 5.3 there is a new "unbounded" option.  Here is a good KB 2047492) (on size the datastore for linked clones.

VMware KB:    Calculating Datastore Selection for Linked-Clone Desktops in Horizon View 5.2 or Later...

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

where do I change it from conservative to moderate or aggressive? Where would that setting be?

0 Kudos
Pooran98
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In View edit the pool and go to "vCenter Settings" -> Resource Settings -> Browse the target datastore and then in the "Storage OverCommitt" column adjust to your desired setting.

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

it shows blank when i go there. whats going on?view.jpg

0 Kudos
Pooran98
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's a bad sign.  It means vCenter cannot access the storage you were using?  This is the existing pool you are editing right?  You normally only see this on pools that you are just about to create.  Are you using Shared or local storage for this pool?

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

shared storage.

0 Kudos
Pooran98
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks like vCenter is not seeing your shared storage so you may want to check on that. 

0 Kudos
engashor
Contributor
Contributor

If you recently changed the Cluster name, Just rename it back to the old name.

0 Kudos