VMware Cloud Community
Chunguang
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Web Client does not show a new host

Hi,

I have been using ESXi from 4.1, 5.1 through the latest 5.5 for several years.

Recently, I purchased the vCenter Server license, installed the vCenter Server Appliance, upgraded all ESXi hosts to 5.5 and licensed. Put all 10 VM hosts under control by the vCenter with no issue.

Now I just installed the IBM customized ESXi 5.5 on a new IBM 3550 server and added it into the vmware data center. I can see this new host as usual if I login to vCenter Server from vSphere client. However, when I login to vCenter Server from web client, it does not show any information of this new host at all. I tired to delete this new host from vSphere client and added it from web client, and the result is the same. If I attempt to ad it again in the web client, it shows that this host already exists in the data center, but it just does not show it up in the web client. Does any one has similar experience or any clue to resolve this issue.

thanks a lot.

Chunguang

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
molan574
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get a solution to this I have the exact same Issue. I added a host via the vshpere web client, the client says the host was added correctly, but it doesn't show it. If I log in with the old windows installed client it shows the new host just fine

0 Kudos
Chunguang
Contributor
Contributor

I 'fixed' this issue by "Reset DB Contents" in vCenter server and add back the hosts again. Basically I cleaned up all registered hosts from vCenter and added them back again. To reset DB, just login to https://yourCenterserver:5480, go to database and "Reset DB contents". This is not a friendly fix, just a workaround that I figured out to work with about 10 hosts that I have.

0 Kudos
empaleo
Contributor
Contributor

using port 5480 loads up a page cant be displayed.

0 Kudos