VMware Cloud Community
cwatarai
Contributor
Contributor

Could Not Load File or Assembly VpxClient.SSPI

For whatever reason, I couldn't start a discussion in the vSphere forum so posting my query here.  Had no issues installing the vSphere 5.5 client on a Win7 Ultimate box.  However, getting the following error when trying to connect to our vCenter server.

Error: Could not load file or assembly 'VpxClient.SSPI, Version=2.0.14.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9f0928b6ea506bde' or one of its dependencies.  Access is denied.

The PC is a fresh Win7 install so not too much junk on it yet.  Have no problems using the vSphere Client on one of my Win7 Pro boxes so not sure what's going on with this new workstation.  Didn't find anything useful when searching the Internet for a resolution so figured I'd post a message here in the VMware forums.  Also, the web client works just fine on this PC but really wanted to use the traditional vSphere Client on this box if at all possible.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like the vSphere client is not able to run the dependant dll files. And it looks like a permission issue. Have you logged into the machine with the same user who installed the vSphere client?

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
cwatarai
Contributor
Contributor

Yes...installed and trying to run vSphere Client using the same (domain admin) credentials.  I know this is an odd issue because we have no problems on any of our Windows 7 Pro boxes.  Can anyone confirm whether the vSphere Client should work on Win7 Ultimate?

0 Kudos
chrisrip
Contributor
Contributor

I was having the same problem and to get it to work you need to run the client "as Administrator". ie right click on the client icon and select Run as Administrator.

0 Kudos