VMware Cloud Community
Gotzu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter converter 5.1 - Just P2V to esxi 5.1 but VM shutdown by iteself

I have P2V a machine using vCenter convertor 5.1 and migrated to ESXi 5.1 host. Though conversion/migration completed without any error. Now when I turn on the VM it shut off upon reaching to login screen and this is going on and on. Not able to understand what is going on. I have veried resources assigned those looks good.

Cheers!
Rajeev
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gotzu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Some how managed to get into safe mode. UPS service was culprit. Disabled it and also changed default actions for this service to "Take no action" for all three incidents.

No issues now and new VM is working fine without any issue

Cheers!
Rajeev

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vmooze
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

Take a look here : Target VM shuts down after successful P2V

Good day

0 Kudos
john23
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Can you give OS details. which os you are trying to do P2V.

-A

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
0 Kudos
Gotzu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks guys for responding. @john i have successfully P2V and VM is sitting on my ESXi 5.1 host. It is my physical TS running windows 2003 OS.

@Vmooze I saw that link but issue is that it show windows login screen not more than 10 seconds and shut off by itself no matter if i click anywhere or not. Not able to go to safe mode either.

Cheers!
Rajeev
0 Kudos
Gotzu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Some how managed to get into safe mode. UPS service was culprit. Disabled it and also changed default actions for this service to "Take no action" for all three incidents.

No issues now and new VM is working fine without any issue

Cheers!
Rajeev
0 Kudos