VMware Cloud Community
Wajeeh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Licensing Query, vSphere with Ops. Mgmt Enterprise Plus

Dear All,

I have query related to licensing, we recently bought 64 qty for vSphere with Ops. Mgt Enterprise plus, before we were already having vSphere enterprise plus license qty 32 along with vCenter 5.0. The old quantity is already running on our HP blade hardware.

I need to know this Ops. Mgt once installed will also monitor the environment (already installed licensed for Vsphere 5.0 but with quantity which was bought without Ops. Mgt as I mentioned above)

The instance of VCenter server we are already running now, vCenter 5, this will also be able to add new vSphere hosts which now we will install using new license key.

Please ask me if some information is not clear here.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When you login into the MyVMware account of the user to whom this new key is tagged to, you will be able to see the number of VM's that the Ops Manager will be able to monitor. Only that amount of VM's will be monitored, independent of whether they were in old or new environments. As all the hosts(both old and new) are in same vcenter and you will be adding the vcenter to vCOPS it should not make a difference.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
Wajeeh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I just now checked in portal but I'm unable to find any such information giving number of VM's Ops. manager will be able to monitor. I'm only able to see the total number of licenses as 64 which are for 64 CPU's since there are 16 HP blade with 4 physical Proc. in each. Do you know the right place in portal which will show me the number of virtual machines ?

For my second question what I understand now from your response is that,

YES, Ops. manager will be able to see hosts HP blades which are running vSphere 5.0 (License key bought one year before without Ops. Manager) because all the old hosts+ new hosts are in same vcenter and vCenter will be added to Ops. Manager, correct me if I am worng. So what does this mean ? Ops manager has no limit with licenses which we buy for physical CPU's ? what ever is in vCenter it can see ?

thanks,

0 Kudos
Wajeeh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear All,

Any response for above , appreciate your help.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The license would work for all the VM's as you have bought the processor licenses.

That answers both your questions. All your VM's under the licensed servers will be monitored.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos