VMware Horizon Community
rooster147
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View 5.3 upgrade questions

Hello,

I am planning and uprade for View 5.1.3 to View 5.3. I have a test environment that has one Vcenter and one connection server while my prod setup has 2 active vcenters and 3 connection brokers. I am going to upgrade test first to get the feel but unfortunelty my prod setup ins't equal to my test setup which brings up a few questions.

1. If I upgrade composer in the first maint window but leave view at 5.1.3 will composer resume functions when both vcenters are upgraded?

2. When I read the vmware upgrade doc it seems like once you start upgrading any of the connection servers it will make the view env unsusable to the end users. Is that correct? Is there a way to keep view functioning for users while I upgrade the Connections Servers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1:  Are you upgrading just composer on the vCenter boxes or doing some type of vCenter upgrade too?

2:  There is no way that I know of.   The best practice is to stop all of the View services for each View CB in a replica group when upgrading.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1:  Are you upgrading just composer on the vCenter boxes or doing some type of vCenter upgrade too?

2:  There is no way that I know of.   The best practice is to stop all of the View services for each View CB in a replica group when upgrading.  

0 Kudos
rooster147
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No I am running VCenter 5.1 and anticipate upgrading again so I will wait to do those. Thanks that's what I thought when I read the documentation as well. That is a shame there there isn't partial functionality because a 24hr a day business its tough to completely remove view for an extended period of time.

0 Kudos