VMware Workspace ONE Community
Mohamed_Hamad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Citrix Vs VMware

Hi All,

I am ruining two POC, one for Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, the second if for VMware Horizon Suite "View and Workspace"

I am a big fan of VMware, but i can tell that the flexibility of citrix is much better than vmware in the terms of BYOD.

I can do application streaming to any kind of endpoint client, windows, android ,, etc .... using Citrix. but when it comes to VMware. you have to run the workspace client on only windows machine to be able to see the thinapp packaged application !!!

this is only one point to let Citrix when on that !! Smiley Sad

another one is for Audio/Video App inside the Desktop, with the feature pack 2 of horizon view 5.2, you can run this application and it supports now the RTAV feature, but still you have to work from windows client !!!

Should i continue with Citrix !!! or any winning point for Horizon can be used to smash citrix ?!

Thanks All

Mohamed Hamad
0 Kudos
1 Reply
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your feedback. Your specific questions are probably more relevant to VMWare View communities. Can you post it over there to see if you get specific information?

Also, I received the following blog link from one of our PMs on View team. Hope it helps you.

we do now support RTAV for Linux.

http://blogs.vmware.com/euc/2013/11/vmware-horizon-view-real-time-audio-video-rtav-part-2.html

0 Kudos