Hrmmm.. For what position?
Honestly, as someone who has worked for the company for 8 years and joined with only the ability to spell virtualization (I had no idea who this little startup company called "VMware" was), just being yourself and answering questions to best ability is the best way to go about this. More often than not the goal is to find someone who fits with a team and can work with a team without an ego. This company was founded on the desire and passion to help (at least in my experience).
What I'd say is this:
1. Be yourself
2. Don't be afraid to say I don't know
3. Be honest (no, be truly honest)
4. Have a vague idea of what we do as a whole
5. Tell us what makes you great
6. Tell us what things you need to work on
7. Have passion
8. Have desire
9. Have fun
10. Ask us what it's like.
I can't wait till VMware starts having tech job openings in Chicago, going to be one of my dream places to work for I hope.